It’s Great Irish Bake season once again, and to get our amazing supporters into the baking spirit, we’ll be sharing some fun, tasty and simple recipes that you can try out for your own bake sale! Below you’ll find wonderful Temple Street patient Faye’s Raspberry & White Chocolate Bun recipe. This recipe includes some of the things that Faye likes best of all – raspberries, chocolate and PINK – yum! Find out more about Great Irish Bake here!
Ingredients (makes 12 buns):
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 12 raspberries
- Red food colouring
- 40g mix of milk & white chocolate drops
- Icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g self-raising flour
- Splash of milk
- Mix the sugar, butter, vanilla extract, eggs and chocolate chips until light and fluffy!
- Sieve in the self-raising flour and mix until fully combined
- If the mixture is a little too dry, add a splash of milk
- Line bun tray with paper cases and drop one raspberry into each empty case
- Spoon mixture into cups (fill between a third and a half full)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180°C, until buns are firm and sponge springs back
- Prepare some icing sugar and add a drop of red food colouring to turn it a beautiful pink
- Drizzle the icing in fun zig-zag patterns over the cooled buns and enjoy!