Title: Communications & Digital Marketing Officer
Reporting to: Communications Manager, Temple Street Foundation
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time (35hrs per week with occasional evening and weekend responsibilities)
Location: Temple Street Foundation, CHI at Temple Street, Temple Street, Dublin 1
About Children’s Health Foundation
For many years, paediatric healthcare in Ireland has been delivered through a combination of services at three paediatric hospitals (Temple Street, Crumlin and Tallaght). The Children’s Health Bill 2018 saw the formation of Children’s Health Ireland, and this new company took over responsibility for the three existing hospitals from 1st January 2019.
Aligned with this paediatric healthcare change, the three fundraising foundations associated with each of the hospitals, Temple Street Foundation (TSF), The Children’s Medical and Research Foundation Crumlin (CMRF) and the National Children’s Hospital Foundation Tallaght (NCHF), agreed that it would be best to come together to form a new Foundation – Children’s Health Foundation (CHF).
The Communications & Digital Marketing Officer will work on a portfolio of CHF activities, be actively involved in the development of new communications campaigns and assist the Communications Manager in their execution.
As a core member of the Communications Team, the successful candidate will support all digital marketing activities including social media channels, website and online advertising. You will play an important role in planning and delivering communications across both digital and traditional channels, in line with the overall strategic objectives of the Foundation.
When a child you love is sick, your top priority is finding the best care and research available. It’s ours too. At CHF our team has one simple mission – helping sick children and their families.
Communications and PR
- Planning, developing and executing a busy calendar of communications campaigns and activities
- Providing strategic and operational communications support to all areas of the organisation including the Chief Executive, Corporate, Community and Campaigns & Events, Regular Giving etc.
- Writing for traditional and digital media in-line with CHF’s tone of voice and key messaging
- Ensuring brand consistency across all CHF materials
- Assisting with internal communications projects and initiatives across the organisation
- Assisting in the development of communications materials including newsletters, e-zines, donor information and annual reports
- Building relationships with key media and liaising with outlets on upcoming activities, press releases, announcements and photo-calls
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders and interacting with patient families with compassion, kindness and discretion at all times
- Managing logistics of media opportunities, ambassador / celebrity visits and photo-calls in the hospital
- Securing and documenting informed consent from patient families for promotional activities
- Working with third-party suppliers and contractors including agencies, photographers, videographers etc.
Digital Marketing and Communications
- Developing and roll-out of digital marketing plans to support the CHF’s fundraising objectives, including campaign support and awareness activities
- Managing social media across multiple channels, including content development, scheduling and advertising
- Updating and developing website content and optimising the supporter journey
- Developing new opportunities online to raise awareness of the CHF and recruit new supporters
- Liaising with key stakeholders including patient families, corporate partners, hospital staff etc., to develop case studies
- Monitoring and reporting on key online metrics including Google Analytics and social media statistics
- Assisting in the development of new imagery and multi-media content to support the strategic aims of the Foundation
- Representing CHF in a professional and competent manner both internally and externally
- Attending & contributing to fundraising team meetings
- Undertaking other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Communications Manager
- Excellent communications skills, across both traditional and digital channels
- Excellent administration skills, organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills – supportive, kind, proactive, confident and enthusiastic
- Compassionate, sensitive and discreet in all interactions with patient families
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet specific targets and deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure within a team environment
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Flexible approach to working hours when necessary
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A minimum of two years’ experience in communications, PR and digital marketing
- Experience in a busy office environment, handling multiple projects and deadlines
- Confident working across traditional and digital media channels
- A knowledge of the Irish media landscape
- Knowledge of the charity sector
To apply, please send CV and cover letter along with salary expectations to Celine Nic Oireachtaigh, Communications Manager, Temple Street Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday, 16th August 2019