Check out the latest vacancies in Children’s Health Foundation and find out more about how you could join our fundraising family.
Donor Marketing Executive – Maternity Leave Contract
About Our Organisation
For many years, paediatric healthcare in Ireland has been delivered through a combination of services at three paediatric hospitals (Temple Street, Crumlin and Tallaght). The Children’s Health Bill 2018 saw the formation of Children’s Health Ireland and this new company took over responsibility for the three existing hospitals from 1st January 2019.
Aligned with this change in paediatric healthcare in Ireland, the three fundraising foundations associated with each of the hospitals, Temple Street Foundation (TSF) and The Children’s Medical and Research Foundation Crumlin (CMRF) came together to form a new foundation, Children’s Health Foundation (CHF). In time the National Children’s Hospital Foundation Tallaght (NCHF) will also join CHF.
CHF is focused specifically on children’s and adolescent health needs in the new healthcare system in Ireland (CHI), including patient and parent supports, new service developments, research and innovation, infrastructure and vital life-saving equipment.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Individual Giving, the Donor Marketing Executive will play a key role as part of the Individual Giving Team in assisting with the planning and delivery of the strategy to grow revenue from individual giving streams to meet overall targets. The Donor Marketing Executive will have targets to deliver in relation to retaining, upgrading and reactivating our most loyal and warm supporters, as well as in relation to acquiring new donors.
Working closely with CHF’s preferred suppliers and partners, the Donor Marketing Executive will be central to the planning and delivery of digital and traditional campaigns, and the promotion of a donor-centric approach to fundraising within the CHF Fundraising Team. The Donor Marketing Executive will also play a key role in working as part of the Individual Giving team in the planning, development and implementation of campaigns under the new CHF brand as well as the transition of existing supporters to the CHF brand.
- Work as part of the Individual Giving team on end-to-end planning and management of multi-channel campaigns, ensuring efficient delivery of annual Individual Giving appeals and campaigns, including print, digital telemarketing and face-to-face activities to achieve key targets within budget
- Work as part of the Individual Giving team to plan and implement donor recruitment campaigns under the CHF brands
- Work as part of the Individual Giving team to plan and implement communications to existing donors to transition them to the CHF brand
- Work as part of the Individual Giving team to deliver the critical goals of reducing attrition and increasing the volume of regular givers and single cash donations in order to maximise income opportunities from individual supporters.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors. Build rapport and trust ensuring vendors deliver on the highest quality and competitive pricing across all interactions.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in support of IG programmes.
- Ensure programmes remain to schedule and that tight management against timelines and budget is applied.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills. Ensure internal alignment and clear and open communications across all departments keeping all parties updated, engaged, working to schedule and taking responsibility for their own direct areas.
- Contribute to content and messaging of appeals and campaigns, including copywriting where required
- Apply excellent organisational skills. Be adaptable to changing requirements and implement strong problem-solving skills.
- Show initiative and be proactive with suggestions towards increased efficiencies and enhanced messaging to drive response from the IG donor base
- Work with the Data team to contribute to data strategy for campaigns, appeals and other donor communications
- Play a key role in long term planning and implementation of donor development programmes across multiple fundraising channels for the purpose of rescue, retention and cross-selling.
- Donor care – keep the donor front of mind and as priority at all times. Uphold an ethical approach to all communications and donor and stakeholder dealings.
- Work with Data team to ensure all key campaign and appeal metrics are tracked and reported on
- Ensure all CRM recording and inputting conventions and protocols are adhered to, to facilitate the highest standards in data hygiene and currency, as well as for appeal performance and donor engagement tracking and analysis
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within the not for profit / charity sector, ideally with a focus on Individual Giving
- Have excellent communications skills and be a persuasive and responsive communicator with an ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways that are engaging.
- Practical with strong strategic thinking and project management experience, having delivered campaigns/appeals from initiation to planning, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience of working on campaigns across key channels such as direct mail, email, social media and telemarketing
- Ability to work independently, managing deadlines and reporting as necessary
- Strong CRM database skills with experience of using data analysis to monitor and manage campaign performance
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with using email broadcast software
- Flexibility: Demonstrable experience of structuring workload and handling multiple campaigns
- Diligent, highly organised with close attention to detail
- Ideally, hold a third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and an exceptional work ethic
Interested candidates should apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a CV and cover letter before 5pm on Friday 21st August 2020
Only those who meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted for interview. We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.
CHF is an Equal Opportunities Employer