We know that meeting up with friends and family may be a bit more difficult at the minute, so with that in mind check out some of our hints and tips on hosting a virtual Trick or Treat party this year to get you inspired!
Will you take part in this year’s Trick or Treat for Temple Street and be a part of our extraordinary #CircleofCare?
Hosting a party virtually can be just as fun, magical and exciting as in person, and is a lot easier than you might think! We have gathered a bunch of party tips and tricks to help make your Trick or Treat party a spook-tacular success! Getting involved and raising vital funds for sick children is such a rewarding thing to do – and there are so many fun and creative ways to rally your family, friends, colleagues and communities at your virtual party to support our hospital’s urgent, life-saving work!
Decide which platform to host on
There are so many different online platforms to choose from, so pick whichever works best for you. We recommend Zoom, as you can host a party for up to 100 people, and you’ll be able to see all of your party guests smiling face and costume on the one screen! Other great platforms are Google Hangouts, Skype, or you could Facetime on your phone.
Send your invitations
Make sure to give plenty of notice to your guests when planning your terror-ific Trick or Treat Party. This can be done whatever way you like, through a simple text, by email, or you could get creative and use our downloadables to help assist you with some spooky hand-made invites!
Decide your party theme
The best thing about hosting your own party is being able to dress up in costume, and you can be whoever or whatever you like! You can also give your party a specific theme, with your guests dressing up as specific characters, or you can keep it general – it’s up to you! It’s a great idea to decorate the background that your guests will be seeing which will keep them immersed in the party experience. You could also suggest that they decorate their own background to join in on the fun and to get into the spirit.
Plan your fun activities
This is where you can really make your party your own and host the best party ever for our little patients in CHI at Temple Street! You can plan fun Halloween activities for you and your guests, have a dance party, sing some karaoke, put on a talent show, or just have some fun conversation with your family and friends!
We know that this year will be a Halloween like no other and we all have to be extra vigilant around social distancing. That doesn’t mean we can’t get creative with our Trick or Treat activities and have loads of fun while doing it! Here are just some virtual party ideas to get you started…
- Magic Show – Everybody loves a magic trick, so why not gather your guests on video chat and set them a challenge to come up with their own and share it with the group. Go around your guests and get them to perform their magic trick. Can you guess how they did it?!
- Spooky movie marathon – set the time, choose the movie and get on Zoom, Whatsapp, Skype or whatever platform you’re using with friends to enjoy the fun together…no giving away the ending though!
- Terrifying tales – get the mood right by lowering the lights, putting on some atmospheric music and dressing up. Then invite family and friends to join you online as you thrill and terrify them with a selection of spooky Halloween tales! Encourage them to share their own stories of magic and mystery with the group too!
- Cackles ‘n Crafts – Invite your group together to join you for a Halloween-themed arts and crafts session. Let them know what materials they’ll need in advance and challenge them to create something from scratch – Halloween decorations, a costume mask or painting – it will be great fun to create together and pick the winner with the most chilling craft!
- Virtual Halloween Treats – It’s so easy to find fun, silly and funny Halloween photos, cartoons, videos, games, jokes and songs online these days. Prepare for your virtual Trick or Treat by filling a folder with a whole selection of treats to share with your guests. Then, gather everyone on video chat and treat them to an evening of fun and games that everyone can get involved in!
Take a photo
We would absolutely love to see photos from all of the Trick or Treat parties that will be taking place around the country this year, so make sure you document it and send your photos in to us! If you’re hosting your party online, you can take a screenshot of the background, or you can use your phone! Don’t forget to tag us using the hashtag #TrickorTreatforTempleStreet or #TrickorTreatforTS
More magic to come
Keep an eye on our social media channels and website over the next few weeks when we’ll be sharing even more magical ideas and fun with you to get your inspired for your Trick or Treat 2020 party!