In this section we will give you some tips and answer some questions about how to host a virtual bake if you are unable due to the restrictions in place at the time you have decided to host your Great Irish Bake for Temple Street.
Hosting a virtual bake is relatively straightforward if you follow the steps below you should have a great time and raise loads of dough for Temple Street.
A virtual bake is hosting a video call with your friends, family, and colleagues where you all show off your bakes and have a cup of tea and a chat. You can even make it competitive and vote who had the best looking bake.
Decide what date you want to have your virtual bake. We will be having ours on the 5th June but you can do yours whenever it suits you in June or even later in the summer.
Choose the video chat provider you are most familiar with! Whether its Skype, Zoom, Whatsapp, Facebook, whichever one you like to use is the right one for you.
Invite friends, family, and colleagues to join your video chat. Set a time or send a link to the chat to everyone you want to join. And remember to ask them to get in on the fun and bake something if they want!
On the day, everyone is on the call. Compare your fantastic bakes, have great chat, drink some tea or coffee! If you want you can compare bakes and vote on the best one. You can also add to the fun and have a baking related quiz – or just a regular quiz!
Donating. There are many ways to donate to the Great Irish Bake for Temple Street.
- You can ask your supporters to send the money directly to you via online banking, Paypal, Revolut. And you can return the funds by one of the methods further down this page.
- You can ask your supporters to go to templestreet.ie/greatirishbake and donate directly to us on your behalf. All they need to do is include your name in the donation reference.
- You can set up a fund raising page online. They will have straightforward set up Please see some examples below which link directly to Temple Street so the funds are donated directly to us:
Returning your funds.
If you have not used an online fundraising page you can send the funds you raised to us so we can put them straight to use to help our little heroes in Temple Street.
There are 4 main ways to do this:
- Post: Return you cheque or postal order with the form that will be included in your pack
- Online: Donate your funds raised online at templestreet.ie/greatirishbake
- Phone: Donate by credit/debit card over the phone on 01 878 4344
- Online Banking: You can return your funds via online banking. Just use the IBAN number below. Please remember to include your dedicated Supporter Number so we can thank you. (you can find this number on materials in you pack)
Bank details: BAN: IE52AIBK93207824895584 BIC: AIBKIE2D
You have baked your best and raise dough for our little heroes – pat yourself on the back and enjoy some of your delicious cake!