Everyone loves a tea / coffee morning and knowing that they’re making a difference for Temple Street makes their experience even sweeter!
- The event details – Decide on the scale of your event! Will it be a simple cuppa and a bun for elevenses with friends or a large event in the local community centre?
- Choose a date that suits your network and make sure that it doesn’t clash with any other coffee mornings or similar events!
- Ask friends to help – Call on neighbours, friends and workmates to donate some coffee, tea, buns, paper plates and lend you other supplies like coffee pots, kettles and flasks.
Promote your coffee morning
- Shout it from the rooftops – Create flyers or circulate text invitations with the time and date. Don’t forget to let them know that it’s for a good cause!
- If you’re going for a larger event put up posters and ask local businesses to share it on their Facebook pages.
- You can hold your coffee morning at any time of year – you could stage your event out in the fresh air for a picnic feel on those warm summer mornings, or cosy inside with the fire lit on a cold winter’s day.
- Pop out a few donation jars
- Create some special deals to bring in more funds – have a coffee & cake package or have a few plastic bags or cardboard cups on hand for anyone who would like to bulk buy or sip on the go!
Donate your tea-mendous funds!
- Put your hard-earned funds to work in Temple Street straight away by donating online or calling Temple Street Foundation on 01 878 4344.
- If you’re local, why not pop by the hospital with your funds – we would love to meet you and thank you in person for your amazing fundraising and even take a snap with the big cheque!
Thank you so much for holding a community fundraising event for Temple Street – a very special hospital that cares for some of Ireland’s sickest children. If you want to try another fundraising idea then click here