250g Chocolate of any kind
45ml Golden Syrup
200g Biscuits – any kind – broken up into small chunks (but not crumbed)
Dried fruit – raisins, cranberries, blueberries etc.
Toasted nuts or seeds
Leftover jellies – Jelly Babies / Jelly Tots etc.
Crushed Crunchie bar / whole Malteasers / chopped up Celebrations, Heroes or other leftover bars
- Place the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water and melt
- Mix in the broken biscuits – chunks are best for texture
- Mix in the optional extras
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper and pour in the mixture
- For extra decadence sprinkle the top with cornflakes / chocolate chips / mini marshmallows
- Allow to cool and transfer to the fridge to harden
- Chop into bars or squares
- Store wrapped up in clingfilm and in an airtight box – they will keep fresh for several weeks – so make now and store away to sell at your Great Irish Bake sale!