With just under a month to go until the Great Irish Bake on the 5th June, why not get practising over the weekend with a lovely shortbread recipe on our website from our proud supporters Gem! And remember if you haven’t already, sign up using the simple form below to get our party pack with balloons, recipe book, and much more!!
125g Gem Plain Flour
125g Butter, softened
50g Gem Cornflour
55g Gem Caster Sugar + extra for topping
1. Mix the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy
2. Sift the flour and cornflour into the mixture
3. Mix together thoroughly and knead until a consistent pale golden colour forms
4. Score and prick with a fork.
5. Place in the fridge for 25 mins and then into an 8×8 baking tray. Place in a 180° oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove before it starts to brown.
6. Sprinkle with extra caster sugar
7. Allow to cool on a wire rack until it becomes hardened and slightly crispy
8. Serve with cream or jam!