Our thanks to Karyn from Irish Baking Adventures for sharing this delicious recipe for Custard Fairy Cakes!
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 200g Softened Butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 100g Custard powder
- 150g Icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F and place 12 paper cases in to a bun tray.
- Beat the custard powder with the butter eggs and milk.
- Gently stir in the sugar and fold in the sifted flour. Spoon into the cases.
- Make for 20 mins. Leave to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice & the water to form a thick paste.
- Spoon this onto the buns and decorate with sprinkles